Our client, a well-known established brand in consumer goods, had grown significantly through an acquisition trail over a number of years and needed our support to establish a future global IT Operating Model.
This strategy, while effective in helping support growth, left the organisation with a fragmented and ineffective enterprise application footprint. This footprint – a large number of disparate ERP and MES solutions – limited business operational efficiency and resulted in higher than industry standard operating cost.
What did Aveas do?
During the course of their global IT Operating Model and Technology review Aveas were asked to:
- Review the enterprise application strategy and enterprise architecture operating model against good industry practice
- Provide insight from similar organisations based on first-hand experience and research
- Define the enterprise application operating principles for the future application strategy
- Define the Target Operating Model for the Group IT Architecture function
- Map the required business capabilities to the future recommended enterprise application model
- Provide a roadmap to implement recommendations against findings
What were the outcomes?
Following senior management sign off (CIO, CTO, COO), Aveas were then asked to develop the detailed plan and collate the collateral necessary for the retained organisation to deliver the roadmap which they continue to do.
With our experience, market insight and capabilities, and using our tools to help with deep analysis to overcome complexity, Aveas has provided this client with the capabilities to effectively deliver a robust future architecture operating model using their own resources. The roadmap will require a number of years to implement given the scale of change required, but Aveas continue to provide some oversight when called upon.
What the client said
“The delivery of Target Operating Model 2020 is going very well and it’s great to see how the function has transformed over the past 18 months. It is down to the initial analysis and solutioning that Aveas provided us that has put us on the right track.” – Chief Technology Officer – Global FMCG