Following a chance meeting between Damien, Joel and Simon – Aveas Consulting was created in 2012.
The three founders had a vision to deliver IT Advisory services and run a company in a different way and came up with the following founding principles:
- If we don’t have the experience – don’t do the work
- Use only appropriately skilled people for the best outcomes – matching the specific needs of our consultants to the clients needs
- Be hands on and go the extra mile for the client
- Stimulate our consultants with challenging and interesting work
- Foster a culture where everyone has a voice and there are no hierarchies
- Make Aveas a great, equal opportunity place to work – fully inclusive, fun, rewarding
- Give back to the community
Ten years on and with attrition at less than 5%, we have built a niche IT Advisory business where reputation alone is responsible for the growth of the firm.
We have worked with some inspiring clients on very challenging (and sometimes scary) projects.
We have ‘given back’ through:
- Helping to build a sports hall in India
- Providing kit for 5 kids football and rugby teams
- Supporting a female cyclist on her bid to join an olympic team and other cyclists and teams in their pursuit of excellence
- Helping through donation and volunteering, the saving of a community pub (where Churchill used to drink, no-less)
- Sponsoring our very own amateur ‘strictly come dancing” dancer in competition
- Supporting a youth amateur dramatics academy with sponsorship
- As a team, “raising the most money and cycling the furthest” for Prostate Cancer UK annual fund raiser (with Joel taking the individual crown!)
- Offsetting (and continue to offset) our carbon footprint